Saturday, October 17, 2009

Becoming better informed.

At first I approached the reading assignments with a certain amount of trepidation. However, as I continued to read and participate in class discussions I increasingly found myself including tidbits from my readings in workshop presentations as well as in courses I teach. The last article about employee privacy at work really opened my eyes to the need for employers to monitor the activities of their employees. I relate much of this article to my issue paper on MySpace and related articles. Finally, I want to make mention of the upcoming assignment on the research being done on how realistic robots are perceived by children and the elderly. I found this article so touching in its description of how children will project their needs or fears onto these animated dogs and babies. I will include a more detailed description in my discussion post but just wanted to comment here about how interesting I found that article.

No comments:

Post a Comment